From Paul Tripp’s Suffering: Eternity Makes a Difference:
Here are some questions that can help you see what you are really living for.
- When do you tend to experience fear, worry or anxiety?
- When do you struggle with disappointment?
- In what situations do you typically struggle with anger?
- Where do you encounter problems in relationships?
- What situations do you find particularly difficult?
- Whom or what do you regularly seek to avoid?
- What is your definition of a good relationship? What do you expect of others?
- When do you struggle with bitterness?
- How have you struggled with regret, saying, “If only…”?
- When do you experience problems with prayer and personal worship, and in your relationship with God?
- When do you struggle with envy?
These questions can help identify the thoughts, motives, and desires of the heart (Prov. 20:5). They make us aware of our true treasures.