Last Saturday, we drove over from Lookout Mountain to Guntersville, Alabama, for a family reunion/birthday party on the lake. Again, the weather was absolutely perfect, and the setting was gorgeous. We celebrated my aunt’s birthday and hung out with my mom’s side of the family. I saw cousins I hadn’t seen in years and met their wives and children.
It was a day of good things:
- delicious food just kept on coming. And my mom and aunts made the seven-layer salad I remember my grandmother making. I didn’t appreciate it years ago, but now I’m hooked on it and made one here at home this week.
- sunshine, a nice breeze, and a spot in the shade
- a boat ride
- seeing my son and daughter hang out together
- time in a hammock with my daughter
- I played horseshoes for the first time ever, and I’m really bad at it.
- visiting with my aunts and mom
- my dad wore a goofy hat all day, and we laughed every time we saw it
- holding babies
- enjoying the little ones but not being responsible for them 😉
- chocolate birthday cake with lots of candles
- laughing ourselves silly on the way home